Sunday, July 5, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to our 5 new clients last week! We're very excited to be picking up after your dogs, and we hope you enjoy our service. I had the pleasure of meeting a local landscaper, and he gave me some great marketing tips. We're of course still trying to grow our customer base so we can keep our heads afloat, but our main focus is our customers' satisfaction.

We are now servicing customers in Albuquerque, Bernalillo, Cedar Crest, Corrales, Placitas, Rio Rancho and Tijeras!

We have started a Flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/littledoggydoodoo/, so we will upload pictures of the dogs we clean up after, as well as some of our initial cleans. Of course, we've integrated Flickr onto the home page of our website at http://www.LittleDoggyDooDoo.com.

Last week I only got shots of a couple of our initial cleans. This was one of the most labor-intensive cleans I've done so far. I think I ended up doing 200 squats. Yes, squats. The yard was mostly rocks, and it had been a while since the owner cleaned up after the dogs. I've found that sometimes it's faster to just put a couple of pairs of gloves on and pick up the poop by hand. It's gross, I know. This way I don't miss any that's wedged in rocks, and I don't take any rocks with me. Here are a couple shots of the yard pre-clean:


I love it. The ultimate sign of a frustrated dog owner -- the broken pooper scooper. That's not mine, in case you were wondering.



This clean looks like it might take quite a while. I don't think there were 6 inches of rocks that didn't have poop on them.


This ended up taking almost 3 hours! My legs were sore for about 3 days afterward. But it's all worth it when you can see a shiny, clean yard.





Doesn't that just look so much better?


The next initial clean was a little more manageable. My new friend Misty has the yard to herself, and it looked like it had been a few weeks since her people had cleaned up after her.




It's funny how dogs have their favorite spots. It always has to be underneath a tree or trampoline for some reason.

Well that's all the fun and excitement from last week!

2 comments: